Kovakka/ivy guard - 1/2 lb
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Green chili slit lengthwise - 3-4
Garlic chopped - 2 cloves
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Curry leaves - 7-8
Small onion chopped - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Clean and Slice the ivy gourd/Kovakka into thin round slices.
- In a bowl combine the sliced kovakka, green chili, crushed garlic,grated coconut , and turmeric powder and salt , mix it well with your hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter add chopped onion and curry leaves and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the kovakka mix and toss it well.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tspns of water ,Keep everything to the centre and cook it covered for 6-7 minutes, or until it runs dry.
- Remove the lid and stir fry it for another 3-4 minutes. Remove and serve warm
--You can add a small piece of crushed ginger , if you like the gingery taste in your stir fries